The Dells

To the south east of Mannings Pond are the Dells, old clay pits which probably served the brick kiln on the Common shown on the 1767 West Wycombe Estate map. They have been further deepened by natural action. Children today run and cycle around these dells for recreation. Note the ancient pollarded beeches just south of the Dells.