Downley Farm

On the south western periphery of the Common, there were originally five small farms along Plomer Green Lane north of the High Street in 1767. These were finally amalgamated as Downley Farm by 1846 At that time, it extended from Great Downley Field to Cookshall Farm and the West Wycombe Road. Worked by the Hounslow family from 1939 until 1985, the farm buildings have now been converted into award-winning living accommodation.